Do you want to be a part of the Hello Dancer Family
DO YOU LOVE LOVE LOVE to DANCE? Can you balance the line of getting silly with a 4 year old, while still enforcing behavioral guidelines - being the captain of the ship, the one in charge of creating a magical experience for each child that walks through the doors? Are you a people person, and able to create relationships with not only little dancers, but their parents too?
If this sounds like you, Hello Dancer would love to hear from you!
Hello Dancer is a magical dance studio for boys and girls ages 2-12, focused on teaching the fundamentals of ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop in a creative engaging way that is bound to spark each child’s imagination.
Our magical, friendly dance studio is a place where children are taught to strive to be their very best in a non-competitive nurturing environment. A place where kids can be kids and create magic! Our dance programs are designed to teach the fundamentals of dance through creative and fun methods. Encouraging a fostering, happy, and welcoming environment. We are different from your traditional studio in that there are no recitals and competitions. We strive to create an environment that is simple and stress free experience for the parents.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about dance (ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop), has experience working with kids, is energetic, and mature to support our studio as a dance teacher for our 2018-2019 classes as well as our 2018 Summer Camps.
Candidates must have experience working with children in a supervisory role, and must understand the responsibility of taking on the role of care giver and role model while these students are at our studio.
This is a part time, commitment geared toward individuals with experience and passion working with groups of children in a supervisory and teaching setting.
Training will be provided.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning dance class activities for students – based off of the dance curriculum, lesson plan outline, and choreography the we provide
- Teaching classes for boys and girls ages 2-12
- Enforcing dance studio and dance class rules
- Assisting, as needed, in the office at Hello Dancer
- Monitoring safety and well - being of students
- Accepting responsibility and acting as a parental figure for all students
- Other operational duties as assigned
- Experience as a dance teacher, pre-k teacher, or camp counselor for young children, or other related experience
- Ability to be a leader as well as a team player
- Conflict resolution skills and the ability to mediate as situations arise
- Good judgment skills and the ability to respond well in disciplinary and emergency situations
- Ability to represent Hello Dancer in a professional and positive manner
- Reliable transportation to and from class
Hiring process is conducted on a rolling basis; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible in order to ensure full consideration.
To apply for this position please reply to us with the following:Tell us why you would like to join the Hello Dancer family, and why you think you would be a great fit. Please also send a resume to email@example.com.